Friday, February 7, 2014

A Smattering of Friday Thoughts

I just want to chat today.  I have been unusually productive today and I’m not exactly sure why…though it is sunny and I took 4,000mg of Vitamin D so maybe that is why???  NO idea.

First off, I went to Target last night after my book club to get a few bits and bobs, and found these in the dollar spot:

IMG_7850

Little wooden push pins!  Aren’t they just darling?  I got one little box and another of the pink flags.  I don’t have a cork or pin board at the moment (I have one in the basement that needs some TLC before I can use it) but I knew this was something I wouldn’t easily find in the future so I grabbed them. 

IMG_7853

If you want them…get thee down to your Target before they’re all snatched up!

Whenever I go to Target I keep an eye on the endcaps in the home section (and take a quick scan down the aisles for the red clearance flags) to see if there is anything good on clearance.  I usually come up empty, but I happened to check in the bedding aisles and found a king sheet set marked down to 18.88 (from 62.99!)

IMG_7854

Now, if you have had to buy king sheets you know how expensive that can get!  I was super excited that these were actually a print/color combo that was exactly what I had in mind for our bedroom. 

Here’s the tricky part—we don’t actually have a king bed—we have a California king bed.  It is a long story why we have it but suffice to say we don’t have any decent sheets for it.  Aaaand California king sheets are normally even more expensive than regular king sheets.  They are a slightly different dimension than a regular king…4” narrower and 4” longer which, if the bed were square, would not be a big deal (you could just turn the sheet sideways).  But, beds are not a perfect square so that doesn’t work so well.  However, this was such a good deal, and it fit mattresses up to 18” deep, so I decided to take a chance and see if it possibly could fit our bed.  I knew I could take it back if it didn’t fit.  I tried it on our bed this morning and it totally fits!!  I did turn the fitted sheet sideways (which doesn’t bother me in the slightest).  I’m so excited to have nice sheets for our bed!  I don’t know if the deep pocket made a difference or if any king sheet would work, but you can bet  I’m not going to be looking for California king sheets again. 

So, on the off chance that someone reading has a Cali king bed…you can probably just go and buy regular king sheets for it!! 

 

I made this recipe for Banana Muffins today and they are amazing!!  The brown sugar mixture on top cooks to a lovely crunchy crust and it is just so yummy!  I need to stop eating them. 

IMG_7856

 

 

Our oldest is quite the budding artist and she asked today if she could copy this picture:

Auguste Renoir - A Girl with a Watering Can - Google Art Project.jpg

(via Wikipedia)

She came upstairs later with this little masterpiece:

IMG_7858

She took a few artistic liberties but it is pretty good for a 5 year old I think!  It certainly makes me smile, anyway.  : )

 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!