Monday, January 9, 2012

I love purple!!


via http://www.decodir.com/tag/beautiful-purple-dining-room/


If you haven't already guessed, the color purple is one of my absolute favorites.  I know it isn't everyone's cup of tea, but almost every shade is beautiful to me--at least in moderation.   It has been difficult to find pictures for inspiration though until the last couple of months.  It seems everyone but me was on a turquoise/orange/coral/grey kick (don't get me wrong, I really like those colors too!!!  And I do have them in my house.) and I couldn't find nice-looking purple rooms anywhere.  I am in the process of purple-ifying our living room and was really hitting a roadblock when it came to visualizing what I wanted.  Then today I went to the library and checked out the Oct. 2011 issue of House Beautiful.  And look what I found!!!

Purple goodness!!

via www.housebeautiful.com
via www.housebeautiful.com
via www.housebeautiful.com

They are just so springlike and fresh and modern yet traditional.  I want my living room to look like that (minus the modern artwork...not a big fan).  I'm excited to use these for some ideas. 

Blessings,
Elizabeth

PS:  to those who design for Joann fabrics, or really any fabric store:  please come up with some nice purple patterned home decor fabric!!  I haven't been able to find any that was within my budget for new curtains.  :( Thank you!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!