Thursday, May 8, 2014

a quick and easy hall update

As you may have noticed, I have not been doing much indoor work (or writing posts, obviously!) for a while now ever since the weather warmed up.  But today, while cleaning out the sunroom, I happened upon a frame I had revamped and put chicken wire in a while ago and a hallway refresh was born!

We have a little hallway that leads from our kitchen area to our half bath and then on to our laundry room and garage.  Here it was, looking sad and forlorn…

IMG_8229

There is a window in the laundry room that creates the shadows and glare on this wall…it looks really weird in this picture but that is just the light, I promise!  The lone calendar may have been practical but it was certainly lacking in the “pretty” department. 

After playing around with some things that I already had from the rest of the house and hanging the big frame, the hallway now looks like this!

IMG_8240

Certainly not a big reveal, but a fun way to bring in a little more personality (and a bit of spring) to this area!

We even have famous paintings, behold “Going to the Circus” on top and “Sock in the Water” below (yes, that is exactly what my 3 year old told me it was!!):

IMG_8234

I love my kids’ art!!!! 

The best part is that this took me about 15 minutes to put together, and I didn’t have to spend any money on it!

Those kinds of projects are rare around here.  : )

IMG_8239

This is from the other side.  The canvas is not a child's…it is my feeble attempt to join in on the painting session my kids were having.  : )  I’m not quite sure what we will use the wire bin for yet, but I’m sure we will find a use. 

Now I don’t know why I waited so long to do something with this hall!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the chicken wire frame and how the calendar fits perfectly inside! And the art is so cute- I love the name your 3 y.o. came up with. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I had to laugh when I heard that one. They sure have very active imaginations!!

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you!