Thursday, August 8, 2013

School days…

School is fast approaching…and I have a kindergartener this year!!  Wow, where did the time go?  Seems like my oldest was a baby just yesterday…(sobs into keyboard)…

So, she needed a desk to do her schoolwork at.  I found one at a garage sale a few weeks ago.  Here it is in all its (un) glory:

IMG_6547

Just a basic, plain Jane metal desk from days gone by.

IMG_6548 

These pictures do not do it justice.  It has ancient glue spilled all over the inside, rust on the legs and lots of scratches on the top.  And yep, a little brittle gum on the bottom :)

I’m working on it right now so I hope to have pictures and a tutorial coming up this weekend or early next week if I’m unlucky. 

2 comments:

  1. Fun! Can't wait to see the end result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I hope it turns out like what is in my head...

      Delete

I look forward to hearing from you!