Sunday, March 3, 2013

Tiling the bathroom shower

IMG_5791
We have progressed into the tiling phase of our bathroom renovation.  And when I say we, I mean mostly my husband and my father-in-law (I did a little cement-board prep and then I focused on keeping everyone fed while the surround was magically tiled—after doing the tiled backsplash in the kitchen I was more than happy to have tiling elves do this part!). 
While the tile itself is nothing to write home about (I picked out 3X6 subway tile and was going to run them vertically rather than horizontally, then decided the extra $40 was not worth it with this particular project and got 4” square tile instead), it is a vast improvement over what was there before.  (Leaking blue plastic tile.)We plan to put this house on the market in the spring and who knows if the future owner will even like subway tile (though I can’t imagine that!!!). 
IMG_5793
It is so nice to see things moving right along!  And so nice to have help with a project like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!