Friday, February 8, 2013

Pop it Up

 IMG_5665
Have you ever had this experience:  you are making a recipe, you see how many dozens/servings it makes or how many people it feeds, and you think, “yeah, right!!  It will never make that much!” and you make it anyway and surprise, it does make as much as it said it would (and more!) which is a huuuuuge amount! 
I had that experience today.   I don’t believe I have ever had it before.  I have had the opposite experience many times, especially regarding cookies.  What, they really expect us to use 1 teaspoon of dough for one cookie???  ONE cookie!  Can you empathize?  We’re not throwing a doll tea party here.
This came about because I was making caramel popcorn today for something this weekend.  I popped some popcorn, made the caramel, and then had to pop way more popcorn because that just wasn’t enough and I didn’t want each puff to be completely encased in caramel.  Sometimes too much of a good thing is an awful thing.  So now I have several gallons of caramel popcorn sitting in my kitchen.  Way more than I needed. 
IMG_5664
Any good ideas for extra caramel popcorn?  I was thinking maybe St. Valentine’s Day neighbor gifts, but that might be a little weird. 
Have a great day!!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing from you!